Sunday 14 July 2013

Beauty on the beach part 1


Bikinis packed, chick lit purchased, but is your beauty regime ready for take off?

Heading for the sun is the highlight of my year- the warm rays of Vitamin D flooding over me as the waves lap at my feet: bliss!


Sun, sea and sand can do wonders for your skin and work in harmony with my other 3 essential S's for beautiful holiday skin: safe, simple and shine


Safe body: Suncare must always be the no.1 priority on any trip to the sun. I love using a high factor sun protection oil instead of a cream for my body as it's much easier and quicker to apply and gives a gorgeous golden glow before you've even got the deck chairs out! My favourite two products at the moment are Galenic Soins Soileil Range and the Vichy Capital Soleil range. They both leave you feeling glossy, glamorous and sunburn free! 


Safe face: To avoid a clogged up face and breakouts, I always use a specific sun cream/ oil for face which is non greasy and non pore blogging- I swear by No 7 anti dark spot protector SPF 50 for all day protection and no sweaty face! 


Simple: your skin will increase in radiance while you relax, soak up the sunshine and keep hydrated with lots of water (yes that's water, not piƱa coladas!) I have very oily, Mediterranean skin but I find that it looks at its best after a day or two in the sun with no make up. It's best to avoid heavy make up even in they evenings, when on a beach holiday, as it will look out of place with your natural surroundings and will also clog up your skin and feel uncomfortable.


Shine: Keep that sunkissed glow from day to night by applying only the very minimal of make in the evening. If your eyes puff up in the sun like mine, then some cotton pads with ice cold water should do the trick with a fine line of pencil on the corner of your eyelid to open them out. A touch of golden blush on the cheekbones and forehead to highlight your tan and some Vaseline/ light lip gloss on the lips and you'll be dazzling all night! 



Next week in part 2, I'll cover the wonders of the French pharmacy and sun tips for hair.














No comments:

Post a Comment